• Left fielder Domonic Brown rejoined the team. He had been placed on the paternity leave list Tuesday for the birth of his daughter. Entering Friday, Brown was hitting .225 with five home runs, 39 RBIs and a .599 OPS in 311 plate appearances. His OPS was 159th out of 165 qualified players in baseball.
• Catcher Carlos Ruiz, who has been on the seven-day concussion disabled list since June 27, has made some improvements in his recovery. He is scheduled to take another concussion test Monday.
• Catcher Wil Nieves, who has been on the 15-day DL since June 19 with a strained right quadriceps, is scheduled to play rehab games through Tuesday or Wednesday. He has improved but is unable to run at full speed.
• Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said right-hander Justin De Fratus was available to pitch. Sandberg said De Fratus could not pitch Thursday in Miami because of "tenderness."
• Right-hander Jeff Manship was scheduled to begin a rehab assignment Saturday with the Gulf Coast League Phillies. He has been on the DL since June 1 with a strained right quadriceps.
Todd Zolecki is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.