WHAT: History will be in the making, as Hall of Famer Jim Bunning will throw out the first pitch before Sunday's Phillies-Cubs game in commemoration of his perfect game - made 50 years ago on Father's Day (June 21, 1964 vs Mets). The tribute culminates the team's 1960s Retro Weekend at Citizens Bank Park.
- Jim Bunning will throw the "perfect" first pitch.
- Bunning's teammates who played in his perfect game in 1964 will take part in the tribute, including Cookie Rojas and Dick Allen.
- Bunning will take a pregame lap on the field in a Chevy.
- The Phillies will be wearing 1964 uniforms.
- American singer Art Garfunkel will sing God Bless America.
- All men 15 and over will receive a Fedora Hat, compliments of Chevrolet.
WHEN: Sunday, June 15, 2014 1 p.m. (before the 1:35 p.m. Phillies-Cubs game)
WHERE: Field, Citizens Bank Park
MEDIA: Phillies credentials are needed to access the ballpark. To request credentials, please contact Deanna Sabec at firstname.lastname@example.org.