• Jayson Werth tied club record with 8 RBI in a game.
• Charlie Manuel won his 500th game as a Major League manager.
• Greg Dobbs set Phillies record for most pinch-hits in a season with his 22nd.
• The Phillies beat Washington, 4-3, to wrap up East Division title with one game left.
• NLDS: Phillies earned first postseason win in 15 years with a 3-1 decision over the Brewers.
• NLCS #2: RHP Brett Myers got three hits and three RBI in beating the Dodgers, 8-5.
• WS #5: Game 5 starts on this date but was suspended, 2-2, after 5.5 innings by rain, the first WS suspension. Game resumes on October 29 after a 111-hour rain delay. Pedro Feliz's single drives in Eric Buntlett with the lead run in the seventh inning of a 4-3 decision. Brad Lidge strikes out Eric Hinske in the ninth to give the Phillies their second world championship.
• Pat Burrell's last hit as a Phillie led to the run that clinched the world championship.
• Burrell gets to ride in the Budweiser wagon during the gigantic parade.
Larry Shenk is the vice president of Alumni Relations for the Phillies. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.