Though outfielder George Springer's promotion to Houston last week took one of the top prospects out of this week's four-game series between Triple-A Oklahoma City and Memphis, those that remain put on quite the show over the weekend.
Saturday, first baseman Jon Singleton, the Astros' No. 4 prospect and No. 48 overall, hit a three-run home run to lead Oklahoma City to a 6-2 victory. Sunday, outfielder Oscar Taveras, the Cardinals No. 1 prospect and No. 3 overall, hit a walk-off RBI double, delivering a 5-4 win for Memphis.
Fans can watch on MiLB.TV as the RedHawks and Redbirds resume the series Monday at 8:05 p.m. ET with a pitching matchup of Astros No. 17 prospect Nick Tropeano and Cardinals No. 17 Zach Petrick. Tropeano is 1-1 with a 2.40 ERA in 15 innings this season, while Petrick was just promoted from Double-A Springfield and will be making his Triple-A debut.
Highlighting the pitching prospects in action around the Minors on Monday is D-backs right-hander Archie Bradley, ranked No. 5 on MLB.com's Top 100 prospects list. The club's top prospect will start for Triple-A Reno at Fresno at 10:05 p.m. in a game that can be seen on MiLB.TV.
Other pitchers ranked in the Top 100 prospect list scheduled to pitch Monday include Dodgers right-hander Zach Lee (61), Astros right-hander Lance McCullers (50), Brewers right-hander Jimmy Nelson (81), Red Sox left-hander Henry Owens (29), Reds right-hander Robert Stephenson (18) and Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman (53).
Top prospect probables:
- Cody Anderson (Indians No. 4), Akron at Trenton
- Aaron Blair (D-backs No. 4), South Bend vs. Dayton
- Archie Bradley (D-backs No. 1), Reno at Fresno
- Andrew Chafin (D-backs No. 13), Mobile at Huntsville
- Edwin Diaz (Mariners No. 4), Clinton vs. Quad Cities
- Drew Gagnon (Brewers No. 17), Huntsville vs. Mobile
- Kyle Hendricks (Cubs No. 15), Iowa vs. Round Rock
- Jason Hursh (Braves No. 3), Mississippi at Montgomery
- Luke Jackson (Rangers No. 8), Frisco vs. San Antonio
- Dace Kime (Indians No.15), Lake County at Lansing
- Cody Kukuk (Red Sox No. 17), Greenville vs. Asheville
- Zach Lee (Dodgers No. 4), Albuquerque vs. Salt Lake City
- Cody Martin (Braves No. 10), Gwinnett vs. Charlotte
- Lance McCullers (Astros No. 5), Lancaster at Inland Empire
- Mike Montgomery (Rays No. 19), Durham at Norfolk
- Jimmy Nelson (Brewers No. 1), Nashville at Omaha
- Henry Owens (Red Sox No. 2), Portland at Binghamton
- Zach Petrick (Cardinals No. 17), Memphis vs. Oklahoma City
- Chris Reed (Dodgers No. 6), Chattanooga at Jackson
- Sal Romano (Reds No. 15), Dayton at South Bend
- Angel Sanchez (Marlins No. 16), Jacksonville vs. Pensacola
- Luis Severino (Yankees No. 10), Charleston at Lakewood
- Robert Stephenson (Reds No. 1), Pensacola at Jacksonville
- Marcus Stroman (Blue Jays No. 2), Buffalo at Pawtucket
- Alberto Tirado (Blue Jays No. 7), Lansing vs. Lake County
- Nick Tropeano (Astros No. 17), Oklahoma City at Memphis
- Logan Verrett (Mets No. 20), Las Vegas vs. El Paso
Teddy Cahill is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @tedcahill. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.