SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, August 1
PHILLIES ALUMNI LUNCHEON
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Diamond Club, Citizens Bank Park; For the fourth year, seniors 55 and over are invited to go behind-the-scenes to some of the most exciting moments in the team's history. Highlights include Q&A sessions with:
- Lee Thomas, general manager, and Jim Fregosi, manager, of the 1993 Phillies.
- Members of the '93 National League Championship team: Mitch Williams, former closer, Larry Andersen, Phillies broadcaster and former relief pitcher, Jim Eisenreich, former Phillies outfielder and Tommy Greene, former Phillies pitcher.
- Event also includes a photo opportunity with the World Series trophies, a silent auction that will benefit Phillies Charities, Inc., an appearance by Phillie Phanatic and an optional tour of Citizens Bank Park.
- A full lineup is available at www.phillies.com/alumniluncheon.
Tickets are on sale on www.phillies.com and via 215-463-1000.
BRAD LIDGE TO RETIRE AS A PHILLIE
Closer Brad Lidge, one of the many heroes on the 2008 World Champion Phillies, will ceremoniously retire as a Phillie before the 7:05 p.m. game against San Francisco. Lidge clinched the World Series title by striking out Tampa Bay's Eric Hinske in Game 5. In honor or the evening, all fans will receive a commemorative print of Lidge, courtesy of Toyota.
"I had my greatest moment at Citizens Bank Park and I would like to officially retire as a member of the Phillies organization," explained the 36-year-old Lidge, who will throw out the first ball. Lidge will remain in town for the rest of the Alumni weekend festivities.
Previous Alumni who have also chosen to retire as a Phillie include: Doug Glanville (2005), Mike Lieberthal (2008) and Pat Burrell (2012).
Friday, August 2
PHILLIES TOYOTA WALL OF FAME NIGHT
6:50 p.m. Wall of Fame Induction Ceremonies for Curt Schilling, on-field.
- The evening honors Curt Schilling, who will be inducted into the Phillies Toyota Wall of Fame. Schilling, who pitched nine of his 20 big league seasons with the Phillies - his longest tenure with one team - was the first Phillies right-hander to strike out 300 in a season and the first Phillies pitcher to win an NLCS MVP Award and toss a postseason shutout.
- The Phillies Wall of Famers scheduled to attend include: Jim Bunning (1984), Steve Carlton (1989), Mike Schmidt (1990), Larry Bowa (1991), Curt Simmons (1993), Dick Allen (1994), Greg Luzinski (1998), Garry Maddox (2001), Tony Taylor (2002), Bob Boone (2005), Dallas Green (2006), Juan Samuel (2008), John Kruk (2011) and Mike Lieberthal (2012).
- All fans will receive a commemorative print of Schilling, courtesy of Toyota.
- A 14"x20" cast bronze plaque of Schilling will be added to the Phillies Toyota Wall of Fame display located in the Memory Lane section of Ashburn Alley. The Phillies began the Wall of Fame in 1978, honoring former players with the Phillies and A's. When Citizens Bank Park was opened in 2004, the Wall of Fame was limited to Phillies greats.
Saturday, August 3
PHILLIES TOYOTA ALUMNI NIGHT
More than 50 Alumni will be introduced on the field during pre-game with the Phillies-Braves game to follow.
- It's a great photo opportunity for fans, as introductions include Phillies Wall of Famers, members of the 1983 and 1993 National League Champion Phillies, and local alumni.
- Presentation of the annual John Vukovich Award will also take place pre-game. Manny Amador, coordinator of the Dominican Summer League Phillies, is the 2013 recipient.
Sunday, August 4
SALUTE TO THE '93 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPS
This is a pregame event fans won't want to miss, as the popular 1993 National League Champions will be saluted on Sunday, August 4, at 8:05 p.m. game with Atlanta.
- Many players from the team, who went from last place in 1992 to the World Series the next year, will be introduced on-field before the game. The '93 club is the first Phillies team to lead the division on the first of the month in May, June, July, August and September.
- All fans will receive a 1993 National League Champions pennant, courtesy of Toyota.
All Weekend Long
- Fans are urged to be on the lookout all around the ballpark before and during the games on Friday through Sunday of Alumni Weekend - you never know where your favorite former Phillies might turn up!
Alumni Charity Events
Garry Maddox will host two events to benefit charities during Phillies Toyota Alumni Weekend as well.
- The 12th Annual Stephen Starr-Garry Maddox Barbecue Challenge will take place starting at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 3, on Citizens Bank Way at Citizens Bank Park. Fans will have the opportunity to taste the delicious offerings of restaurant and pit master teams cooking off for a good cause.
- On Sunday, August 4, the annual Garry Maddox-Drew Katz Celebrity Bowling Classic will be held at 4:00 p.m. at 30 Strikes. This fun-filled evening, a private, sponsor-only event, features bowling, appearances by local celebrities, silent auction, food and much more.
- For more information on the Garry Maddox charity events, please contact Kerry Ann Williams via (267) 886-8233 or email email@example.com.