CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Nobody is ready to say it, but the Phillies have lined up their rotation for their first five Grapefruit League games like it is the first week of the regular season:
1. Cole Hamels, Saturday vs. Astros (1:05 p.m. ET on MLB.TV).
2. Roy Halladay, Sunday at Tigers (1:05 p.m. ET).
3. Cliff Lee, Monday vs. Tigers (1:05 p.m. ET on MLB.TV).
4. Kyle Kendrick, Tuesday vs. Yankees (1:05 p.m. ET on MLB.TV).
5. John Lannan, Wednesday at Twins (1:05 p.m. ET).
Pitching coach Rich Dubee said earlier this week that Hamels, Halladay and Lee will open the regular season in Atlanta, and that he plans to split up left-handers Hamels and Lee with a right-hander. Considering Hamels had the best year of the big three last year, it makes plenty of sense Hamels will start Opening Day on April 1 at Turner Field.
"I'm not saying that it's likely yet, no," Dubee said, when asked if this is the likely order of the rotation in April.
But it sure makes a lot of sense, at least right now.