PHILADELPHIA -- A few notes regarding the Phillies on Thursday:
• The Blue Jays claimed right-hander Tyson Brummett off waivers. Brummett spent most of the season with Double-A Reading and Triple-A Lehigh Valley before making his big-league debut with the Phillies on Oct. 3.
• The Phillies outrighted infielder Pete Orr and catcher Steve Lerud from the 40-man roster. The Phillies have 37 players on the roster, plus four players on the 60-day disabled list.
• Phillies prospect Cody Asche is hitting .360 with four doubles and three RBIs in six games in the Arizona Fall League. Infielder Freddy Galvis is hitting .480 with one double, one triple, three home runs and five RBIs in Winter Ball in Venezuela. Outfield prospect Tyson Gillies has hit .467 with one double, one triple and two RBIs in four games in Venezuela. Darin Ruf is hitting .133 in four games in Venezuela.
• Phillies hitting coach Steve Henderson will wear No. 5 next season. Assistant hitting coach Wally Joyner will wear No. 21. Bullpen coach Rod Nichols will wear No. 54. Third-base coach Ryne Sandberg will wear No. 23, assuming catcher Brian Schneider does not return next season.
• The Phillies promoted amateur scout Eric Valent to Northeast Regional Supervisor and hired Scott Trcka as Midwest Supervisor. Trcka worked for the Phillies in the 1990s, when he signed Scott Rolen, Dave Doster, Kevin Sefcik, Gary Bennett, Mike Grace and others.