The award-winning Bright House Field - the Phillies Spring Training Facility in Clearwater, Florida - just got even better with several new additions recently made to its food, fashion and fandom lineup.
"We want the fans' experience to be the very best when they come to Bright House Field," said John Timberlake, General Manager, Phillies' Bright House Field. "There is so much to see and do at the ballpark, and we can't wait for our fans to try all of our new enhancements. Foodies will be impressed with the new outdoor suite Palm Pavilion Patio featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet, as well as the addition of local barbecue favorite Dunedin Smokehouse. Beer enthusiasts are also going to enjoy the new Local Craft Alley, featuring 16 different local draft brews. There's also plenty of shopping with jerseys and fashion exclusive to Spring Training. No matter what your interest or liking, there's something for every age group."
When it comes to fandom, the best mascot in baseball - the Phillie Phanatic - will return to entertain at every home game. Other highlights include a Vintage Phillies Bobble Head giveaway for the first 4,000 fans on Thursday, March 3, the popular St. Patty's Day Game on Thursday, March 17, a Spring Training tradition that features green attire (both on and off the field) along with plenty of fan festivities, and Phillies Alumni Day on Sunday, March 20, where baseball legends return to surprise fans with gate greetings, autograph stations and more. Also two Phillies Auctions will take place on Friday, March 18 and Tuesday, March 22, where fans can bid on game-used and autographed memorabilia to benefit local charities in the City of Clearwater.
Fans can experience all of the new additions listed below starting on Sunday, February 28 during the 1:05 p.m. game against the University of Tampa, and continuing with the first official spring training game against the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday, March 1 at 1:05 p.m.
What's New in Food
From traditional ballpark fare and Philly's favorite, to foods with local Florida flavor and healthier and gluten-free options, there has always been plenty from which to choose. Here are some of the new features for the 2016 season:
- Abe's Grill will now also be serving grouper bites and boneless buffalo bites.
- Bubba Burger is the new official burger of Bright House Field. Angus beef burgers, turkey burgers and veggie burgers will be coming straight off the grill. Try the Angus beef burger on a gluten-free bun as a nice gluten-free option in the ballpark.
- Dunedin Smokehouse - A local barbeque joint serving pulled pork sandwiches, bacon wrapped pork on a stick and offering sides of coleslaw and baked beans.
- Local Craft Alley: Visit the new local draft bar located next to Frenchy's Tiki Pavilion, featuring 16 local draft beers including 3 Daughters Brewery, Pair O'Dice, Big Storm and Tampa Bay Brewing.
- "Not Your Father's Root Beer" stand serving draft beer that tastes like your favorite root beer.
- Palm Pavilion Patio: Features an outdoor suite down the third baseline with state-of-the-art swivel chairs, an all-you-can-eat and all-you-can-drink (beer, water, and soda) buffet for the first two hours of the game from Glory Days. Seats 30 and some dates are still available.
- Tijuana Flats: Serving Tex-Mex cuisine including soft tacos with tortilla chips, rice bowls and chips with queso or salsa.
- Taste of Philly: Popular Philadelphia products will again be available including: Hatfield Hot Dogs, Tastykakes, Tony Luke's roast pork sandwiches, Philadelphia Water Ice, and Herr's Potato Chips. Also Delco's, located in Delaware County, Pa. and Dunedin, Fla., will be serving up cheesesteaks.
What's New in Spring Training Fashion
- New Red Phillies Spring Training Flex Base Jersey and Diamond Era Cap: The same new Spring Training look for players will now be available for fans - only at Bright House Field and at phillies.com/shop.
- Tropical colors and graphics exclusive to Spring Training at Bright House Field. Highlights include:
- Ladies caps, tees and outerwear adorned with new graphics featuring palm trees, flip-flops, seashells and tropical flowers.
- New Phanatic front-and-back tees for children and women.
- New novelties: Including a can clock with pop top and Spring Training graphic for $6.